Jan 14, 2010

Out of chaos

For the love of LORD, read this!!!
_____________________________________________________________________
My pen I wield and start to write (Onomarith)

But
What should I write, what should be left?
What I should never talk about?
What can be never left from posts?
What if I write of freaky ghosts?
What if I write of Pi and e?
What if this post just cease to be?



Oops! I just can't resist myself. I can't help it when I start;I plant no resistance; I put no end. And to tell the truth, I am reading too much poetry to abstain myself for long from writing it. These vacations are eating me up! I read LOTR first, The Picture Of Dorian Gray second and some parts of Keats' Endymion later; Now I have a heap of poetry books around me IN my bed and am reading Ulysses (Reference: See footnote i), thanks to Abdullah Khalid Siddiqui (I will add his Google profile link as soon as I have it).And to make the matters worse, I have this poetry contest to judge (Last time I visited, it had more than 80 entries O_O ), I am participating in this contest and am doing so many more things in poetry these days that I can't even concentrate on Facebook!!!! (My peers know what this means :). Talking about poetry, I revisited Wordsworth in train when I was coming back home and found his a little more modern than I previously thought he was; needless to say that this means almost nothing to my only three readers (potential (how much I despise MIT Admissions blog! (I think I should not further indent my writing, 3 dimensions are enough for non Naqvis in SSE :)))
But as for what is new in my life (again, not to mention how much I despise MIT... but check this, will you?), I am glad to tell that nothing more than the LITTLE discovery that my humble cell phone supports MS Office WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT and simple notepad and PDF!!!!!! The thrilling part is that even when KESC suggests I stop reading poetry, I just don't!!!!!!!!!!
Another very very minor update is that I hate the new face of my Facebook profile *evil*. I can't stalk as I used to because it removed all the filters I had (default or created) like all status updates, all links posted, all other new stalkers. Suggestions are becoming creepier and creepier day by day (PROOF). Every charm Facebook had is diminishing, every second I spend there, I feel my privacy violated, my status updated, my very own home page changed in the name of updating and it feels like I am Frodo, in the cracks of Mount Doom and I have lost the One Ring to Gollum!!!! (God!!!! There is nothing better than LOTR to blog about :D ). But slowly that madness fades, leaving repose (link I am referring ) and I find myself dreaming about stuff I will talk about later. Right now, I have to do some reading for the contest I mentioned I am to judge, so talk-to-my-self-later :D
~Aarsalankhalid or as I refer to myself in my writing and has chosen my nom de plum,
~Onomarith
__________________________________________________________________
 FOOT NOTES
i. Abdullah Khalid Siddiqui asked in his status (or wondered in his status, to be precise) if anyone had read Ulysses. I responded that I have, upon which he congratulated me and I praised it. Then he somehow mutated his initial opinion and demanded back his congratulations (I still haven't returned him that :D ). This made me revisit Ulysses at Wikibooks which got complicated and finally settled when I made a PDF which I then downloaded in my cell :D

__________________________________________________________________
P.S. Forgive me for giving so many links, I am a little bit over-obsessed with Wikipedia and have thus been rendered a citation and external links freak!

4 comments: